Parks & Recreation is such a feel good television show, I knew once I started making cross-stitch sampler patterns, I would make one for this show. If you’ve never seen it, it’s a mocumentary of the people who work in a Parks and Recreation government branch in a made-up city of Pawnee. The main character is lively, work-a-holic and beyond optimistic, whereas almost everyone that works with her is not.
It’s feel-good, it’s hilarious, it’s an easy watch and it’s what I like to call “fluff” TV. Inoffensive (Well, some jokes haven’t aged well, especially after the #metoo movement) and silly.
This show has so, so many good one-liners in it, but I’m personally not a fan of sampler patterns that are just full of text and not enough imagery. So you’ll just have to watch the show to get your fix of those. But, thankfully, there is also a great amount of imagery to pull from and with 10 main characters, there’s a lot to squeeze into a, 8” x 10”. Trees -of course- an old-timey computer, MouseRat, Sebastian, gay penguin love, waffles, Cones of Dunshire, a saxaphone and a poop for when Chris just needs to “stop pooping”, just to name a few.
I also wanted to try my hand at some blackwork in this pattern, which I hope you enjoy - especially using some varigated floss!
- Finished size: 9.3" x 7.8" when using 14ct Aida cloth
- Colours used: 46 total
- Stitches used: Cross-stitch, half-stitch and backstitch (and some french knots)
- Full-colour pattern
- Black & white pattern
- Symbol chart
- List of required(/suggested) DMC thread colours which includes 1 varigated floss
- Due to the nature of a digital download, refunds will not be given.
- This pattern is a PDF instant download, so you can get started straight away.
- Don't forget to leave space around your piece for framing!